Monday, March 22, 2010

My Starbucks Personal Cup / Mug

I try to bring my Starbucks personal cup (mug) every day when I get my grande no water soy chai latte fix. I don't do it for the .10 discount, although that is nice, I do it to not waste a paper cup, and to have my own mug.

My first personal cup is still my favorite. It's a ceramic mug with handle, 16 ounces (wish it were 20!) that looks just like the paper cups. I would mark my drink order on the side with marker (permanent marker but it would wash off anyway) and most baristas were amused and loved it.

The catch: no lid! I frequently walk outside about 2 blocks to get to my Starbucks, and in bad weather this is not ideal.

Strangely enough I spilled LESS drink without a lid (I was more cautious?) than when I get a paper cup with lid.

I could not find a silicone lid that fit, and although the plastic lids at Starbucks seemed close they didn't quite stay.

I recently changed mugs. What kept me the longest from upgrading is that I wanted at least 16 ounces, not 12, and ideally wanted it to look exactly like the paper cup.

I gave up on the idea and settled on a plastic double walled mug with rocker shut lid and green siren logo.

I still have and occasionally use the 'old' mug.

Do you use a personal mug? Do you switch it up? Do you use the store's for here ware?


No comments: